Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Pastel Elf Owls


Happy 10th Birthday Jenna!












Before Winter Break my Animal Art Fun kids created these owls in their choice of oil or chalk pastel. This was a very open ended project as I allowed them to create realistic or imaginary birds. Our inspiration was the Elf Owl, a very tiny round headed owl that live in the southwest of the US and Mexico and often reside in cacti. My 6 thru 9 year olds followed a loose direct line drawing lesson but could make their own unique spin on things.Their cutout owls were glued on top of a moonlit sky created with watercolor and acrylic moon and stars. It always fascinates and delights me to see the direction children will take the same project directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments and feedback!