Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ocean Textures



My Animal Art Fun class is working on some multi-media tropical fish pictures. (Yes I've been reminded that fish don't fall into the "animal" classification -thanks Mom - but they are a living creature, and that's good enough for me. : ) This is a sample background of their layered project. I rather like it just by itself. The ocean was created with plastic wrap and watered down tempera in blue, turquoise, green and purple. Note to self .... be sure to buy a name brand plastic wrap that won't tear and get stuck on the roll while children are scrambling to place it on their piece before the paint dries. Next week they will add the seaweed and coral effects with matt board edge and sponge printing with acrylics. And of course, they have some large and colorful cut Angelfish to glue to their backgrounds. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. Hello
    Ocean Textures
    Fabulous posting! This webpage presents helpful data to us, I praise you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait too see finished : )

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!