Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy Feet and a Nomination







With just 30 minutes to go in my last art class for the school year, I decided to have the kids do a modified version of these adorable "Happy Feet" penguins I found via Pinterest. Thank you to art teacher, Lauralee Chambers! Because of our time constraints, we drew our penguins with Sharpie and added charcoal shading on 8"X10" watercolor paper. Watercolor washes were painted for an icy backdrop. And last, they added some charcoal smudges to create shadows in the snow for their "happy" penguin feet. I plan to do this fun lesson again when my students don't feel so rushed. :)

I will be posting projects throughout the summer from my three themed art classes: Animal Art Fun, Drawing and Painting Explorations and Art Projects from Around the Globe.
Enjoy your summer Everyone!


click here
Click on graphic to vote



I just received a nomination for an Art Teacher, Fascination Award for my Dale Chihuly Inspired Sculpture. Thanks so much for including me with such wonderful art teachers! You can click on the link above to see the other nominees or if you would like to vote.
(Nominees Posted and Voting begins June 18th and ends June 25th)

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful images! Of course it's the shadow technique that is so adorable! I am going to want to come back to your post and try your idea later this winter. Thank you for the link to the place where you noticed the idea too! You have some great suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shadows on the ground add such a sense of motion -- like they're really jumping!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of the background.
    Congratulations on your nomination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on nomination, considering your passion for childrens art think that it is deserving. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project! My daughter loves penguins and she will love to try this! Thank you for your terrific website. Tons of wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!